Ab rollout - Official thread

Let's build a solid resource everyone will benefit from by making an exhaustive list of movements and compiling information on every one of those movements.
Vagabond
Site Admin

Re: Ab rollout - Official thread

Post by Vagabond » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:18 am

Makes sense. However, I noticed that on abs exercises, at some point you kinda max out the exercise. You can then use a different one and work hard at it without losing too much of the other one. I haven't trained my abs seriously in years, yet I'm pretty sure I could do 100 hanging leg raises, still. But then again, when I was younger, I did a shit ton of abs.

Against Gravity

Post by Against Gravity » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:18 pm

Vagabond wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:18 am Makes sense. However, I noticed that on abs exercises, at some point you kinda max out the exercise. You can then use a different one and work hard at it without losing too much of the other one. I haven't trained my abs seriously in years, yet I'm pretty sure I could do 100 hanging leg raises, still. But then again, when I was younger, I did a shit ton of abs.
I'll probably try to increase one consecutive rep every week or so- and, when I can't do that, and if I can't make the exercise slightly harder, I may explore the possibility of rotating the exercises. Once I feel like I'm in such a plateau, I may rotate ab rollouts with weighted dragon flags, and hanging leg raises with inverted sit ups. I like to feel like I'm progressing on each exercise in order to feel motivated. Doing too many reps is boring for me - but challenges like 20-50 reps seem great.

Vagabond
Site Admin

Post by Vagabond » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:28 pm

Yeah, that's fair! I used to do super high reps on abs stuff when I was younger. At some point I could do 300 jack knives nonstop. I don't do that anymore, but it's not bad, I think there's value to it.