Why are you so weak

See that little Chinese girl in the video? She kicks your ass. Whatcha gonna do now? Cry like a baby, or train harder?
magnat,
Posts: 67
Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:47 pm

Why are you so weak

Post by magnat, » Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:15 am

last days i had bunch of unpleasure situations (while reading fitness content in the internet)


first:I watched a vid include jan łuka's advices (his maxes in less than 90kg category)

(Squat 300 kg
Bench press 190 kg
bench press 100 kg for reps in one set 62 reps
deadlift 322,5 kg
barbell biceps curl 105 kg
chin up +105 kg)

he's already 70yo and he's still able to hit close to his maxes in all exercises. This grandfather exposed his workout routine for pull up strenght and in comments in noticed this


"this grandfather is fucking crazy if he thinks someone would trains like he does" , unfortunately it's the most liked comment ;x


And all the rest of comments were written in 2styles

first style [oh myyy godd soo old and soo strong its oldschool respect]

second style [i won't train like this , is too hard , im lazy little bitch]

But i didnt notice any comments in style [okay im gonna train like this] or [thank u for advices i will try]










Second situation: one dude was wearing me about my workout plan how i got my current strenght lvl so fast. Eventually i told him genesis and he said hahahah its too hard , its true workout not a phone playing and shitty doing sets for 30min lol. So i won't train like this i prefer to train like pussy 30min per workout and having time to looking at my telephone while working out and still having my pussy effects.










Third situation: i literally was reading one very old post where extremly good true natty bodybuilder that has been training for 19 years (and has all the time slowly progress , no asside effects) !!! Was asking all the time by one guy about his workout routine and this bodybuilder finally exposed his workout routine . And i (unfortunately) read asker's comment "ohh im to lazy to do 7 sets each every muscle part" lol is 7 sets of bench press per training a lot ? are u even normal ?










Lesson for today : If u will 've been traning like pussy u will be as weak as pussy , it training , not a cabaret , if u have no motivation to put there ur precious efffort, put there ur heart then u never won't get good effects sorry baby. The hardest elements are for the hardest characters.



When matteodeu mentioned about break ur limits , what do mean limits? It means nothing else like i will train for X lvl and even not try train for x+1 or x+2 etc , it means i assume i won't get something , my workout schedule assumes slowly shitty progressions and easy sets. It shows mental laziness , if u are mental lazy then u are not a warrior , then u are pussy. If ur workout schedule doesnt assume progression +20kg but only 2,5kg in one year then u will get 1,25kg . If u assme 20kg then u will get 7,5kg if u assume 100kg then u will get 25kg . Sorry but it's the truth. So its just choice where are trying on get there. Mental limits mean mental laziness , weak power of will. Sorry if i already have told u the truth about ur workouts and ur mindset.

User avatar
Vagabond
Site Admin
Posts: 759
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:17 am

Re: Why are you so weak

Post by Vagabond » Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:10 am

That's very true my friend. By the way, post that video of the old man, I wanna see for myself!

And go hard or go home! It's why pretty much all the sets I ever do are intense as shit. Is doing ten reps with a weight I could do fifteen reps with gonna do much for me? Nope. I'd rather do 11 reps with a weight I can only do 10 with. For me, every single set has to be worth it. Every single set, I have to perform well. Right now, I don't do many sets, and it allows me to focus better on hand balancing, but even when I did 10 sets of my main exercise in my sessions, every single set was tough as shit. Here's an example:



10 sets of 4 Z-presses with 155, a few years ago. The first set was hard. The second set was hard. I took 20+ minutes of rest between each set. But I did do my 10 sets. Every. single. one. Three years later, I can do 8-9 reps with that weight. That's adding about 25 lbs (slightly over 10 kg) to my overhead press, while staying more or less at the same weight. Is it enough? Nope, it's not. But still... Not bad! That's about a 15% increase to my 1RM.

But yeah, to me, there's no giving up, and there's no not doing it. It takes whatever it takes. I sometimes falter. It happens to everyone. Only thing to do is to not beat yourself up over it, and get back to work. The less we falter, the more we improve. That simple. I'll never understand those commenters whining that it's too hard. Either you want it, or you don't. If you do, then you'll do whatever it takes. If you don't do whatever it takes, then you just didn't really want it bad enough.

magnat,
Posts: 67
Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:47 pm

Re: Why are you so weak

Post by magnat, » Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:55 am

Vagabond wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:10 am
That's very true my friend. By the way, post that video of the old man, I wanna see for myself!

And go hard or go home! It's why pretty much all the sets I ever do are intense as shit. Is doing ten reps with a weight I could do fifteen reps with gonna do much for me? Nope. I'd rather do 11 reps with a weight I can only do 10 with. For me, every single set has to be worth it. Every single set, I have to perform well. Right now, I don't do many sets, and it allows me to focus better on hand balancing, but even when I did 10 sets of my main exercise in my sessions, every single set was tough as shit. Here's an example:



10 sets of 4 Z-presses with 155, a few years ago. The first set was hard. The second set was hard. I took 20+ minutes of rest between each set. But I did do my 10 sets. Every. single. one. Three years later, I can do 8-9 reps with that weight. That's adding about 25 lbs (slightly over 10 kg) to my overhead press, while staying more or less at the same weight. Is it enough? Nope, it's not. But still... Not bad! That's about a 15% increase to my 1RM.

But yeah, to me, there's no giving up, and there's no not doing it. It takes whatever it takes. I sometimes falter. It happens to everyone. Only thing to do is to not beat yourself up over it, and get back to work. The less we falter, the more we improve. That simple. I'll never understand those commenters whining that it's too hard. Either you want it, or you don't. If you do, then you'll do whatever it takes. If you don't do whatever it takes, then you just didn't really want it bad enough.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////
in brief this old men pull up routine :

1set of unweighted pull ups like till 10 reps not more just to not get tired

20kg iso hold 90 degree
40kg iso hold 90 degree
60kg,80,100,120,140 etc and later u are adding less and less like 10 kg , 5kg untill i won't be unable to hold even for half second
(rests between sets only for put more weights)

3min of rest

20kg full rom pull up one rep
40kg full rom pull up one rep
60, etce tc till u won't have failed one rep max
(breaks between sets only for put more weights)

the end , keep doing 2x in a week or for begginers one a week + seond day when u are doing unweighted pull ups in sets ;D
//////////////////////////////////////////

btw today i got new pr in weighted chin ups (im still sick but i have right now normal medicines not only fucking painkillers ;D and i feel much better i think doctors were right about do not trying operation that 'd kill me , because probably this is possible to fix withouth operation ;DD soo good news) , my pull strenght still sucks af because i had been training pushups only for loooong time ;D it was my base so my pull up strenght is probably the weakest on this forum ;xx i mean im the weaker one ;x but i got new pr and how it went ? first i tried "X" weight and i failed , later i did a few sets with X-5kg , sets for 1 rep , later i tried X+1,25kg and i did it ;D i was replaying in my mind its X-10kg and eventually when i grab dumbell i felt its easy like it really 'd be X-10kg ;D while pulling ofc it was harder but eventually i did it beard over rod ! it exposed as mental weak we are , i see many top athlethes have no progress for years !!!! i think mayby those situations didn't break my limits but for sure pressed my mental limits a looot , now my targest are higher than before , and i changed my mindset a way

User avatar
Against Gravity
Posts: 529
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:21 pm

Re: Why are you so weak

Post by Against Gravity » Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:20 pm

I think there's 2 kind of people regarding training:

1. those who enjoy the struggle itself, in a sort of masochistic / stoic / warrior kind of way,
2. and those who actually hate training but still do it as a medicine, for the health / aesthetics side-effects it has.

Over the years, all those people I've met who considered training only a 'medicine' ended up giving up training. Only those with a 'warrior mindset' seem to be able to continue training over time, in the long term. And the curious thing is that it seems it's not possible to make people enjoy training. It's something that either you carry it inside, or you don't.

Great news about the health issue, by the way!

User avatar
Vagabond
Site Admin
Posts: 759
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:17 am

Re: Why are you so weak

Post by Vagabond » Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:56 pm

magnat, wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:55 am
btw today i got new pr in weighted chin ups (im still sick but i have right now normal medicines not only fucking painkillers ;D and i feel much better i think doctors were right about do not trying operation that 'd kill me , because probably this is possible to fix withouth operation ;DD soo good news) , my pull strenght still sucks af because i had been training pushups only for loooong time ;D it was my base so my pull up strenght is probably the weakest on this forum ;xx i mean im the weaker one ;x but i got new pr and how it went ? first i tried "X" weight and i failed , later i did a few sets with X-5kg , sets for 1 rep , later i tried X+1,25kg and i did it ;D i was replaying in my mind its X-10kg and eventually when i grab dumbell i felt its easy like it really 'd be X-10kg ;D while pulling ofc it was harder but eventually i did it beard over rod ! it exposed as mental weak we are , i see many top athlethes have no progress for years !!!! i think mayby those situations didn't break my limits but for sure pressed my mental limits a looot , now my targest are higher than before , and i changed my mindset a way
YEEESSS! So happy to hear the good news for your heart! Keep seeing your doctors and work well with them to make sure it gets fixed well! :D

User avatar
Vagabond
Site Admin
Posts: 759
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:17 am

Re: Why are you so weak

Post by Vagabond » Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:02 am

Against Gravity wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:20 pm
And the curious thing is that it seems it's not possible to make people enjoy training. It's something that either you carry it inside, or you don't.
I wouldn't be so sure of that. Pretty much all of the kids I coached didn't like conditioning at first, because it was hard and painful. But almost all of them ended up being proud of the strength they gained from it, and were very willing to do it after a couple of months. I'm sure only some of them kept it up when I left, but I'm also sure that none of the ones who still do it enjoyed suffering or the process at first.

Similarly, the first times I did gymnastics strength training, I didn't like it. I felt like I was going to puke, I had a hard time breathing and had to take a break for a few minutes cause I wasn't breathing well. But I really wanted to become strong like the older guys, so I was very diligent about doing it, to the point where I'd be upset if we didn't condition and would voice to my coaches that I didn't want to rest from it. It was all because I wanted to become strong, and I understood that it takes whatever it takes.

User avatar
Against Gravity
Posts: 529
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:21 pm

Re: Why are you so weak

Post by Against Gravity » Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:37 pm

Vagabond wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:02 am
Against Gravity wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:20 pm
And the curious thing is that it seems it's not possible to make people enjoy training. It's something that either you carry it inside, or you don't.
I wouldn't be so sure of that. Pretty much all of the kids I coached didn't like conditioning at first, because it was hard and painful. But almost all of them ended up being proud of the strength they gained from it, and were very willing to do it after a couple of months. I'm sure only some of them kept it up when I left, but I'm also sure that none of the ones who still do it enjoyed suffering or the process at first.

Similarly, the first times I did gymnastics strength training, I didn't like it. I felt like I was going to puke, I had a hard time breathing and had to take a break for a few minutes cause I wasn't breathing well. But I really wanted to become strong like the older guys, so I was very diligent about doing it, to the point where I'd be upset if we didn't condition and would voice to my coaches that I didn't want to rest from it. It was all because I wanted to become strong, and I understood that it takes whatever it takes.
Yeah, in the absolute beginning we may actually hate training, because as you say it's hard and painful, both for the body and the mind. What I'm curious about, though, is what makes some people stick with it in the long term. I mean: once the 'introduction' to training is done, and the individual already knows the basics on how to keep progressing, some decide to continue, and others just 'give up'. What is the factor that makes some people continue and others not?

I think what makes some people stick with it in the long term has some correlation with personality. Also, life situation. Once someone learns to use training as an anti-depressive medicine (instead turning to food, drinking, or other harmful drugs), it will probably stick over time. Doing so it's hard, though, because it's necessary to overcome an initial mental resistance barrier.

User avatar
Vagabond
Site Admin
Posts: 759
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:17 am

Re: Why are you so weak

Post by Vagabond » Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:36 pm

Yeah, I also think there are several factors, the biggest probably being life circumstances. I think that people who stick to it make sure they have time to train, and make sure their life circumstances allow for it. There are also just people who loooooove training and would train no matter what happened (think of the old school guys, who often held difficult jobs with long shifts, yet managed to train for hours on end on a regular basis).