Introducing myself

Welcome to our new members. If you wonder why you can't post yet, it's because you have to come here and introduce yourself first. Don't be shy!
igfjarillo

Introducing myself

Post by igfjarillo » Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:05 pm

Hello everyone! My name is Ignacio. I'm 25 years old and I am from Spain. All my life I have been connected with sports. I started playing basketball in my hometown in Spain (Tarragona). After a couple of years I discovered triathlon and this sport was with me near 10 years. I had a lot of amazing experiences during my triathlon years but after a lot of injuries I decided to change what I was doing.

Two years ago I started doing some strength work (hypertrophy focus training in the gym) but after around 4-5 months I discovered calisthenics trough handstands. My starting point was not the best because I didn't have too much strength in my upper body yet and my mobility was also compromised but I decided to start discovering this amazing world.

The first year of my training I was really focus on developing my handstand. I started literally from zero but step by step I improved and now I have a consistent 45-60sec two arm handstand not only with good line but also with a good understanding of the skill being able to do deep tucks, shape changes... During this year I worked a lot on recovering my flexibility and working on my mobility and now I feel ready to start working on some skills that I really want to achieve in the future (HSPU, front lever, planche...). My ultimate goal is mixing this skills with a good level of flexibility in my lower body being able to express the splits.

Apart from training, that as you can see is a big part of my life, I finished an Sports Science degree in Spain just last year and 2,5 months ago I decided to left my job for coming to the UK for living with my girlfriend. I am grateful because only one month after coming here I found a job as a Physical Education teacher, my other passion. I love photography, reading and cinema.

My approach to calisthenics is balancing the performance and pedagogical sides understanding that most of the skills require a strength/flexibility development but also an optimisation of the learning process involved in them.

I am happy to be part of this forum, and I hope to learn a lot from all of you.

Thank you so much for reading.
Ignacio

Vagabond
Site Admin

Re: Introducing myself

Post by Vagabond » Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:21 pm

Hi Ignacio! You have done quite well since you have started, congratulations! Welcome to the forum. Will you start a training log of some kind?

Sent from my SM-G9750 using Tapatalk

igfjarillo

Post by igfjarillo » Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:52 am

Yes! I will share with all of you my progress transferring my training log here.

Against Gravity

Post by Against Gravity » Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:36 pm

Amazing introduction. Looking forwards to your training log!