My introduction

Welcome to our new members. If you wonder why you can't post yet, it's because you have to come here and introduce yourself first. Don't be shy!
jonathancheng

My introduction

Post by jonathancheng » Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:45 am

Heyo, my name is Jonathan.. I have maybe 6 months of actual training experience following a plan, and about 8-9 months of screwing around in the gym. My proudest accomplishments so far (within training) was a 260lb back squat at 130lbs bodyweight and a 180lb bench press at 140lbs bodyweight. My long term goal is to unlock many high level calisthenics moves, including front lever touch, impossible dips, inverted muscleup on ring, and planche, even though I'm only 1 centimeter closer on a path of many miles. I'm passionate about bodyweight leg elements, having been introduced to those elements from Massimo's posts on the bodyweightfitness subreddit. I don't remember the reason why I started working out, but all I know is that it's a part of my life now. Currently focus on benching to build a solid strength base, I'm still reaping those beginner gains and progressing weekly-monthly with increased weight on the bar.
Last edited by jonathancheng on Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vagabond
Site Admin

Re: My introduction

Post by Vagabond » Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:20 pm

Hi Jonathan. Welcome to the forum, and my apologies for how long it took to accept your post. You have awesome long term goals, and it's great to see another person who loves leg elements. As I see, you've done quite well so far! How far along are you, for your stated goals?

jonathancheng

Post by jonathancheng » Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:42 pm

Well, the coronavirus came so I didn't make any meaningful progress between July and and early September, but fortunately the gyms have reopened where I live and I'm rebuilding strength very fast. In terms of actual progress since then, achieved a solid natural one leg extension with a close to straight bodyline, and recently achieved a strict muscle-up on rings!

Vagabond
Site Admin

Post by Vagabond » Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:50 pm

Congrats on the leg extension and muscle-up! What country are you from?

jonathancheng

Post by jonathancheng » Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:43 pm

US

Vagabond
Site Admin

Post by Vagabond » Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:36 am

Ah yeah, the situation is pretty crazy over there! :shock: I hope the gyms stay open. Do you have training gear at home, too?

jonathancheng

Post by jonathancheng » Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:19 am

Yep, I have a set of rings but I just prefer training at the gym compared to home

Vagabond
Site Admin

Post by Vagabond » Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:11 pm

That's the case for many people, indeed. I think that the gym is more fun, personally. But I enjoy not having to transit there and the 24 hours access. And having food stored nearby. :lol: