The hardest calisthenics elements (top)

These moves rely on specific training and cannot be acquired without a strong enough base. A fairly easy one would be a muscle-up, an intermediate one a front lever, and an advanced one a Maltese. A legendary one would be a one arm handstand push-up.
Massimo Kokhno

Re: The hardest calisthenics elements (top)

Post by Massimo Kokhno » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:56 pm

I'd consider vertical push the overhead direction (like military press and handstand pushups, maybe also inverted cross and inverted butterfly mount if someone unlocks it, all the moves that are mostly front/side deltoids, upper traps, pectorals clavicular head, triceps), while horizontal is one arm pushups, planche pushups, Zanetti for straight arms, and dips (downward push is similar to forward, like the difference between decline bench and flat bench), vertical pull is pull ups and maybe butterfly mount too, horizontal pull are front lever rows, one arm inverted rows, front lever touch, even forearm Victorian pushups (all lats or rear deltoids + triceps long head + scapular retraction), and inverted Zanetti if someone unlocks it.

There are some impossible tiger bends by people with real legs, like Matteodeu and Cedric Douge, also wall version.

Useful link: my hardest leg moves compilation, contains many of the leg moves I mention below. I'll have to update the hardest general moves list with more links, I have some.

A possible hamstring ranking:
- One leg Nordic Matteodeu style with the free leg's knee not on the floor, his form is quite good considering that the balance makes the body bend sideways and it looks strange.
- One leg Nordic with the other knee on the floor, done by Adan F Lopez, Chris Scott, Ben Patrick, but they all bend the hips, I think Matteo would be able to do this variation with perfect form.
- Inverted Nordic to almost 90° knee on stall bars or a door, done only by me and Stefano Ravarino.
- Inverted pistol squat, Stefano Ravarino has the best ROM, with one hand holding the bar to avoid rotation, I got 90° completely unsupported.
- 45° decline Nordic, I'm the only one who tried it I think, my line is not perfect but not too bad.
- Crossed legs Nordic, Matteo has done it long ago.
- Normal Nordic curl.
- Inverted sissy squat with inversion boots to 90°, me and a friend are the only ones who have tried, it's not very hard but we failed at getting more than that ROM.

Quads:
- One leg sissy squat to horizontal shin by Ben Patrick and maybe Roye Goldschmidt if his video was not a reversed negative.
- One leg sissy squat knee to floor good negative and bent hips concentric by Matteodeu and Meckanimal, Joshua Butkevicius has a good negative too.
- One leg Matrix to horizontal by Stefano Ravarino, Damiano Peroni, Matteodeu, ca_mobility the strong girl.
- Natural one leg extension by Matteodeu, not perfect but I haven't seen better. Also I'm not sure the back can touch the floor without arching, because with a fully bent knee it resembles a narrow natural two leg extension, while wide two legs is what allows a straight back on the floor.
- One leg extension lever hold, not clean, by Stefano Ravarino.
- Elevated Matrix squat by me. Why am I still the only one who tried it? I'm sure others would be able to do it better than me.
- 45° decline natural leg extension by me.
- Full knee flexion sissy squat, can be done on the floor with a lot of lean, or on an elevated surface if there is less lean and the knees descend below floor level. Toe mobility can be a limiting factor instead of strength.
- Leg extension lever raises.

Other legs:
- Elevated natural one leg press on plywood by Matteodeu, if done on a smooth surface like a carpet it would not be very hard.
- Splits to standing, Cai Yong has done it but I'm sure others too, not sure about the objective difficulty.
- Super deep back bend by one of the Ross sisters, I'm not sure if it should be in the "spine extension" category, since that seems to be the most important part, but at the bottom there is also a lot of hip internal rotation.

Also I think supine statics are more or less in this order of difficulty from easier to harder (floor Victorian moves I based on Flo Lit's opinion):
Front lever, parallel bar Victorian, front lever touch with false grip, dragon press, parallel bar Victorian forearms only, front lever touch no false grip, parallel bars Victorian hands only, floor Victorian on one forearm and one straight arm, floor Victorian on forearms, perfect ring Victorian (very few can hold it with actually straight form, only some Olympic gymnasts and Pietro Bruno and maybe a few others), parallel bars reverse planche (Dimitry Voyuschev has perfect form with prosthetic legs, Giancarlos Ponce perfect form with real legs, Flo Lit almost perfect, Grzegorz Kowalik is close), floor reverse planche (Flo Lit and Andrii Zaharchuk have the best form I've seen).

I don't know where the bicep planche goes, because to me it looks like it requires strong front deltoids too, like normal planches, and Deu said the one arm bicep planche does not feel like a curl but like arm wrestling against himself.

Finger strength can be divided into pull (like Matteodeu's legendary pinkies, people doing one finger ring muscle ups etc.) and push (finger planks and planches and handstands like Eden Zats, Slava Kripak, the Shaolin monk doing a Stalder press to handstand on his index fingers).

Neck strength we can link anyways and put a disclaimer about the risks, this forum is for lunatics who want to overcome any limit.

magnat,

Post by magnat, » Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:04 pm

Massimo Kokhno wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:56 pm
I'd consider vertical push the overhead direction (like military press and handstand pushups, maybe also inverted cross and inverted butterfly mount if someone unlocks it, all the moves that are mostly front/side deltoids, upper traps, pectorals clavicular head, triceps), while horizontal is one arm pushups, planche pushups, Zanetti for straight arms, and dips (downward push is similar to forward, like the difference between decline bench and flat bench), vertical pull is pull ups and maybe butterfly mount too, horizontal pull are front lever rows, one arm inverted rows, front lever touch, even forearm Victorian pushups (all lats or rear deltoids + triceps long head + scapular retraction), and inverted Zanetti if someone unlocks it.

There are some impossible tiger bends by people with real legs, like Matteodeu and Cedric Douge, also wall version.

Useful link: my hardest leg moves compilation, contains many of the leg moves I mention below. I'll have to update the hardest general moves list with more links, I have some.

A possible hamstring ranking:
- One leg Nordic Matteodeu style with the free leg's knee not on the floor, his form is quite good considering that the balance makes the body bend sideways and it looks strange.
- One leg Nordic with the other knee on the floor, done by Adan F Lopez, Chris Scott, Ben Patrick, but they all bend the hips, I think Matteo would be able to do this variation with perfect form.
- Inverted Nordic to almost 90° knee on stall bars or a door, done only by me and Stefano Ravarino.
- Inverted pistol squat, Stefano Ravarino has the best ROM, with one hand holding the bar to avoid rotation, I got 90° completely unsupported.
- 45° decline Nordic, I'm the only one who tried it I think, my line is not perfect but not too bad.
- Crossed legs Nordic, Matteo has done it long ago.
- Normal Nordic curl.
- Inverted sissy squat with inversion boots to 90°, me and a friend are the only ones who have tried, it's not very hard but we failed at getting more than that ROM.

Quads:
- One leg sissy squat to horizontal shin by Ben Patrick and maybe Roye Goldschmidt if his video was not a reversed negative.
- One leg sissy squat knee to floor good negative and bent hips concentric by Matteodeu and Meckanimal, Joshua Butkevicius has a good negative too.
- One leg Matrix to horizontal by Stefano Ravarino, Damiano Peroni, Matteodeu, ca_mobility the strong girl.
- Natural one leg extension by Matteodeu, not perfect but I haven't seen better. Also I'm not sure the back can touch the floor without arching, because with a fully bent knee it resembles a narrow natural two leg extension, while wide two legs is what allows a straight back on the floor.
- One leg extension lever hold, not clean, by Stefano Ravarino.
- Elevated Matrix squat by me. Why am I still the only one who tried it? I'm sure others would be able to do it better than me.
- 45° decline natural leg extension by me.
- Full knee flexion sissy squat, can be done on the floor with a lot of lean, or on an elevated surface if there is less lean and the knees descend below floor level. Toe mobility can be a limiting factor instead of strength.
- Leg extension lever raises.

Other legs:
- Elevated natural one leg press on plywood by Matteodeu, if done on a smooth surface like a carpet it would not be very hard.
- Splits to standing, Cai Yong has done it but I'm sure others too, not sure about the objective difficulty.
- Super deep back bend by one of the Ross sisters, I'm not sure if it should be in the "spine extension" category, since that seems to be the most important part, but at the bottom there is also a lot of hip internal rotation.

Also I think supine statics are more or less in this order of difficulty from easier to harder (floor Victorian moves I based on Flo Lit's opinion):
Front lever, parallel bar Victorian, front lever touch with false grip, dragon press, parallel bar Victorian forearms only, front lever touch no false grip, parallel bars Victorian hands only, floor Victorian on one forearm and one straight arm, floor Victorian on forearms, perfect ring Victorian (very few can hold it with actually straight form, only some Olympic gymnasts and Pietro Bruno and maybe a few others), parallel bars reverse planche (Dimitry Voyuschev has perfect form with prosthetic legs, Giancarlos Ponce perfect form with real legs, Flo Lit almost perfect, Grzegorz Kowalik is close), floor reverse planche (Flo Lit and Andrii Zaharchuk have the best form I've seen).

I don't know where the bicep planche goes, because to me it looks like it requires strong front deltoids too, like normal planches, and Deu said the one arm bicep planche does not feel like a curl but like arm wrestling against himself.

Finger strength can be divided into pull (like Matteodeu's legendary pinkies, people doing one finger ring muscle ups etc.) and push (finger planks and planches and handstands like Eden Zats, Slava Kripak, the Shaolin monk doing a Stalder press to handstand on his index fingers).

Neck strength we can link anyways and put a disclaimer about the risks, this forum is for lunatics who want to overcome any limit.
Inverted cross ,inverted butterfly ,iron cross , planche its everything is mainly ''strenght of the straight arms'' there most important are muscles who make ur arm straight , someone's able to do planche pushups 'd has worst bench press result than someone who has been training bodybulding for 3mounths (same body weight of both dudes) , andrey kobelev was able to do iron cross and iron cross presses for reps and he wasn't able to perform 1 ugly form one arm pushup ;D , hmmm every exercise engages diffrent muscles ... there doesnt exist any seriously 1:1progression like when u add weights ... ;D as i see its seriously hard to put true rank ;DD , btw for example leg extension is much easier than sissy squat right ? but i was able to do 25kg sissy squat full rom (u know my mobility) having straight back (wall back assistant) and then i waasn't able to perform even 1 rep of both leg extension with full ROM ;DDD because my lower back was to weak , i had strong quads but weak low back ;D , us rank will has approximated subgroups , because it isn't possible to set 1:1 progressions , nobodies knows when deep planche pushup became back lever or when front lever/victorian progressions became reverse planche or normal planche ;DD i took harder task than i expect'

edit tommorow i will replenish exercises by ur leg list , i will add more links and i will be making rank yet more readable etc

magnat,

Post by magnat, » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:50 am

Us rank starts look pretty good ;D yet several days and will be perfect ilamo time to rest ;DD im gonna add something tomorrow haha im extremly lazy ;D

Edit job for today is done tomorrow i will again work for 20-30min ;DDD hmm this rank really starts look decent ;DD , ur thought guys? im waiting for any feedback

Vagabond
Site Admin

Post by Vagabond » Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:16 pm

Hey, your list is starting to look good, Magnat! I see you worked hard at it, congrats! As promised, I made it a sticky topic, so it'll stay at the top even when new topics pile up! :)

magnat,

Post by magnat, » Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:09 pm

guys i need ur support in planche strenght rank ;D dunno what should i put in 3-10 places in my rank ;xxx

Vagabond
Site Admin

Post by Vagabond » Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:12 am

How about one arm planche press?

Oh, and the "one arm 90 degree push-up" isn't actually a one arm 90 degree push-up! It's a crocodile press to one arm handstand. Not the same thing! It is a hard move tho, but it's difficult to classify. It's not really a planche, and it's not really a handstand push-up either. It's more, like, a partial one arm push-up to one arm flag, then press to one arm handstand from flag.

Also, I'm not sure about the biceps planche. It's more of a bicep curl type move than a planche, really. I think I'd choose something like that:

1. Zanetti press
2. One arm planche press to handstand
3. One arm planche
4. Pelican (back lever to planche using a bicep curl)
5. Maltese press to handstand
6. Planche press to handstand